Marketing Insights from Mid Minnesota Marketing
"We help small companies do the things that make large companies successful, in a way they can afford."
Tim Haas | President
Your Website Must Be Done Right
The Debate Is Over
As the internet grew in popularity and became accessible for a greater number of people, business owners began to debate over the necessity of having a website. Well that debate has ended and is far behind us. Of course your business needs a website. Today's consumers shop, research and make decisions based upon what they find online. You need good representation on the web in order to compete.
The New Debate
Now the question before business owners is how to best present themselves on the web. There are plenty of opportunities, but which should they pursue?
- Professionally designed website with professionally written content and a strong SEO (Search Engine Optimization) foundation.
- Do it yourself "easy to build" options provided by mega hosting companies.
- Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media sites.
- Blog website.
- Online advertising.
The right Stuff
First of all let's tackle the inner debate on whether or not you need to have your website professionally developed. The key to a successful website is twofold, your potential customers need to be able to find your website and then they must find the information they need in order to make a buying decision.
- FINDING YOUR WEBSITE
It isn't magic and it doesn't happen by accident. Creating a website that the search engines can accurately index is a science. The search engines crawl websites collecting data and run it through proprietary algorithms designed to determine what your website is about and how it relates to specific key words and phrases.
If your website ranks well for a search term or phrase, your site will appear on the search engine results page. Where it appears within the results depends upon how relevant the search engine believes your website is to the search phrase.
Today's search engines rely on more than 200 unique signals when determining your website's value in relationship to specific keywords and phrases. Some of these signals are:
- The written content.
- Images & information related to the images.
- How well written is the coding for the website, is it compliant to current standards?
- Key words within the content. Are they used appropriately, too little, too often?
- Is there a connection to social media?
- How frequently is content added to the site?
- Is there a call to action?
- MAKING THE BUYING DECISION
The buying decision can be a variety of actions.
- If you have an online store you want them to add products to the shopping cart and complete the checkout process.
- If you sell your products from a storefront, you want them to come into the store.
- If you sell services, you want them to contact you to set up an appointment to either have the work done, or investigate further and get a quote.
A professional web development company, such as Mid Minnesota Marketing, will be able to develop your website in a way that will rank well and help viewers make the buying decision. The process is complex and requires a great deal of specialized knowledge and experience.
Do-it-yourself websites very often fall short and produce little or no results.
CONTRIBUTING FACTORS TO YOUR ONLINE SUCCESS
It is important to realize that all of your online business activities need to tie together. At the very least you should have a professional website and active social media pages related to your business. Part of the professional website should be a news and events area (blog). This is an excellent way to add fresh content to your website on a regular basis.
Other opportunities provided on the web include online advertising. This may or may not be a good fit for your business. Common forms of online advertising include:
- Ads sold on search engine result pages, they are usually displayed above or to the right side of the organic search results.
- Ad placement on other company's websites.
- Guest blogging.
- Listings and online reviews within directories.
Mid Minnesota Marketing has over 12 years of experience developing websites for businesses just like yours. Your content is professionally written and the website is constructed to help search engines properly index your site as well as provide visitors with easy and fast access to the information they need.
Call Mid Minnesota Marketing to develop your company website. 320-582-2288