Marketing Insights from Mid Minnesota Marketing
"We help small companies do the things that make large companies successful, in a way they can afford."
Tim Haas | President
How to Get More Referrals
The most effective and inexpensive marketing you can do is to ask for referrals. Satisfied customers are often very eager to show their appreciation for your work.
Once you know how to ask, it is quite simple and will bring you more business.
Here are some quick pointers on how to ask for referrals.
- Ask: Make it a point to follow up with a visit or phone call a day or two after completing a project and ask them two questions.
- Are you satisfied with the work we performed for you?
- Do you know anyone we could call that would benefit from our expertise and services?
- Use your business cards: Hand each client four or five of your business cards and ask them to give a card to anyone they know that would benefit from your expertise or services.
- Follow up: Stop in, make a quick call or send a note . . . just follow up and don't let them forget who you are. With each follow up contact, politely ask for a referral.
It isn't rocket science, it is simply a matter of training yourself to ask for referrals. If they know someone looking for your services, it is very likely they will put you in contact with them.