Marketing Insights from Mid Minnesota Marketing
"We help small companies do the things that make large companies successful, in a way they can afford."
Tim Haas | President
Check Your Website For A Pulse
Top Ten Reasons Your Website Needs Attention
Just as there are dog years, there are web years. It has been said that a web year is equal to three months. That means if you last redesigned your website three years ago, it is 12 years old in web years! Would you leave a product display set up for 12 years? Then why would you let your website age as much?
Here are the top 10 reasons your website needs to be redesigned.
- Your website isn't performing. A website exists to build your customer base. If that goal isn't being reached your website is wasted space. There are many reasons your website may not perform.
- Poor design, not just appearance but marketing design.
- Lack of effective call to action.
- Your site does not speak to your customers.
- Outdated technology. It wasn't that long ago that downloading a photograph gave you enough free time to fix a cup of coffee and eat a donut. The web changes constantly and it is quite easy to fall behind.
- Is your website mobile friendly? This technology issue I will list separately, it is that important. Your site must be friendly to all the mobile devices your customers are using to access the web.
- New products and services. If you are introducing new products you will want to at least update your website to highlight the new additions.
- Your marketing strategy has changed. Most companies adjust their marketing strategy fairly regularly to keep up with changes in the market. Has your website kept pace with those changes?
- Your website is broken. Websites with broken links, outdated content and other issues are highly annoying to your visitors. Any kind of distraction is a reason for them to leave your site and look for the next.
- Your competitors have updated their website. Sounds kind of petty, but in the world of business you can't afford to look like you have fallen behind.
- Your website loads slowly. A slow loading website can kill visitor engagement. The rapid advancements in web technology have played a major roll in making people impatient. They want information and they want it now.
- New Branding. I cannot tell you how many times I see websites using old logos and tag lines. As your branding message changes you need to make sure your website changes along with it.
- Your website looks horrible. Your website is the storefront of the web and first impressions count.
Are you ready to take a closer look at your website?
We can help you examine your website with our free website analysis. Call Mid Minnesota Marketing to request your free website analysis. We will examine your current website and provide you with a free analysis of what is good vs. bad.